Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

TPMS question
Current time: 11-23-2014, 03:49 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply  Post Thread 

TPMS question
07Sorento
SS Donor & Senior Moderator

Group: Banned
TPMS question

Tonight my TPMS light came on. I looked in the manual and it says that that light comes on when there is a malfunction in the TPMS system. I then parked it for a few minutes. When I got back in and started to drive the light was still on then shortly after that the light shut off. My question is what would cause it to turn on then off? I would figure if there was a malfunction it wouldnt fix itself.

07 Kia Sorento LX

09-19-2008 09:47 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
TeChNoPuLsE
Sorento God

Group: Registered
RE: TPMS question

from what I read on my rondo tps system, it only works if it detects a leak while driving, and that you must drive for X miles for it to calculate what’s in the tire... it also sounded like it wouldn’t detect slow leaks... well if this is the case... its pointless!

SOLD YOUR SORENTO?
need not to worry, as long as you stayed in the KIA/Hyundai family...

Check out WWW.KAI-Forums.com
09-19-2008 10:10 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor

Check you tire pressures. And I mean check them, not just look at them. If they're good, then you'd have to have the codes read.

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
09-20-2008 03:20 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
07Sorento

I did check them this morning and they were all down a few psi. Added air and so far so good.

07 Kia Sorento LX

09-20-2008 03:54 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor

Good. If I remember correctly, the "trigger" PSI is 29 which isn't too far away from where they are supposed to be. Needless to say, it wouldn't take much for that to happen.

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
09-20-2008 07:03 PM
07Sorento

Yeah I would say it wouldnt take much for it to happen. They were all pretty much right around 30ish.

07 Kia Sorento LX

09-20-2008 08:04 PM
BishopLord
Sorento Master

When you say the TPMS light came on, do you mean the little indicator for one of your tires? (indicating low tire pressure) or something else on the indicator panel?  My indicator light for the left rear tire appeared on the console a couple weeks ago. I checked the tire pressure and sure enough, it was low, so I broke out the compressor and filled it up and the indicator turned off.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I stumbled across this one as I'm researching TPMS.  I'm debating whether to buy new sensors when I buy new wheels, or just use the existing sensors in my OE wheels.  

By the way, the TPMS sensor replacement part # is: 52933-1FA00  (good for 07 to 09 Sorentos only)

This post was last modified: 06-10-2009 06:11 PM by BishopLord.

06-10-2009 06:06 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
07Sorento

RE:  TPMS question

BishopLord Wrote:

When you say the TPMS light came on, do you mean the little indicator for one of your tires? (indicating low tire pressure)

Yes

07 Kia Sorento LX

06-10-2009 08:52 PM
BishopLord
Sorento Master

What I meant to say, was just one tire indicator was on, or did the whole panel lite up and stay on? Because, if just one tire indicator was on (or flashing, I forgot already), it sounds like the TPMS was working fine - letting you know that you needed some air in your tire.

06-10-2009 10:17 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
07Sorento

The whole panel lit up and stayed on for a bit then I shut the vehicle off for a short period of time then when I turned it back on the light was off. It wasnt just one tire the was lit up.

07 Kia Sorento LX

06-11-2009 05:04 AM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: